Three titans in their own right: Chef Corey Bahr, Ben Lang, and Nissan have come together to develop a one-of-a-kind grillin’ experience.
The collaboration created the world’s first fully integrated in-truckbed mobile kitchen and smoker cooker/charcoal grill, the Nissan Smokin’ TITAN. The Smokin’ TITAN was introduced at the 2018 Work Truck Show, the largest truck show event in North America.
Smokin’ Titan – the ultimate tailgating and BBQ catering pickup truck
The Nissan Smokin’ TITAN, a 4 x 4 truck features a custom flatbed and a custom trailer with a built-in 84 Lang BBQ Smoker Fat Boy smoker cooker and charcoal grill. The set up includes a fully functional mobile kitchen, and yes, that includes the kitchen sink. The one-of-a-kind concept truck, if rolled out as part of the Nisan production lineup, will take barbeque to new roads.
Chef Cory Bahr, Ben Lang and the Nissan team wanted to see a complete outdoor kitchen built into the Smokin’ TITAN
The heart of the Smokin’ TITAN lies inside the customizations behind the truck. Since food smoking can create heat up to 600 degrees, the smoker and grill were built into a B&S Custom trailer to prevent heat from affecting the truck. In addition to the smoker cooker and charcoal grill, the truck features 20-inch Icon Alloy Alpha wheels, and 275/25-20 Nitto Terra Grappler tires; very, very cool. Highlights of the features to complete an outdoor, mobile kitchen include:
- 84 Lang BBQ Smoker Fat Boy smoker cooker and chargrill customized and mounted in the boxes in the back of the trailer that slide out.
- Innovative bed features, lockable TITAN boxes with lockable dry storage for the smoker pellets and wood chips flanking the smoker.
- Three food prep and cooking stations each featuring a Partner Steel aluminum double burner prep stove alongside a Churrasco Brazilian Wood cutting board.
- Smokin’ TITAN showcases 20 unique aftermarket parts and accessories from leading manufacturers in the grilling, kitchenware and trucking industries.
- The self-contained sink and water system also can be interchanged with a Yeti Cooler when cold storage is more the priority.
- Utilizing TITAN’s flat load floor in the second row of the King Cab, an ARB 50-qt. Fridge Freezer and Slide were added to the backseat.
- A fantastic tailgating truck with a Rockford Fosgate premium audio system.
Don’t Burn the Flatbed
The flatbed customizations are unbelievable! To name just a few the flatbed has space for 3 food prep stations and 3 sets of double burners, there is a fridge/freezer, a built-in spice rack, and … the kitchen sink and water storage system
Grillin’ on Wheels — Food on the Move
Utilizing the TITAN’s innovative Utili-Track System, a B&S customizing sliding tray was designed to easily slide the smoker in and out of the trailer, and support the custom boxes with the Lang BBQ Smoker and Char Grill. When the smoker is not in use, the whole trailer is secured with a steel Diamondback SE Tonneau cover, allowing the pitmaster to smoke meat at a tailgate and pack it up for the trip home.
Chef Cory said “I am really proud of what we have been able to establish here, but I’m excited to take my Delta Cuisine on the road. And now with my Smokin’ TITAN and Lang Fat Boy grill, I can get there faster and better equipped.”
“The Lang is the single most consistent performer in my kitchen arsenal. Whether it’s a rack of ribs or two 200 pound pigs, the Lang is my perfect cooking partner,” Cory Bahr added.